This article was published on August 25th, 2020
The thought of children going back to school has caused a massive debate in Bahrain, especially since that many parents are still not 100% convinced about the risks associated with children going back to school, thanks to COVID 19. If you are confirming sending your child back to school, here are a few ways that can help you prepare for that:
– Have a series conversation with your children about the virus, how it is still out there and can spread easily.
– Answer any questions they may have, and take their answers into consideration before making your choice.
– Talk to them about how important hygiene is, and that they must wash their hands, sanitize items they are using and generally staying clean.
– Explain to them the concept of physical distancing and how important it is.
– Emphasize on the importance of listening to direction from teachers and supervisors, and they they must follow instructions
– Ensure that they can safely wear masks for prolonged periods of time, should it be required by the school.
– Remind them that going back to school is fun!
– Speak to the staff and teachers at school regarding the safety measures that have been put in place, and the policies and procedures that are being implemented.
– Tour the school and check out the facilities and safety equipment that have been added, to ensure that you’re fully satisfied.
– Don’t forget, this is also a stressful time for the parents! Stay calm and think about your decision, and eventually, make the decision that makes you feel the most comfortable.