This article was published on July 29th, 2019
Many of us will soon be preparing to leave Bahrain for the final leg of the summer holidays, which include Eid al Adha.
Here are a few tips to keep in mind on how you can prepare your house when leaving on vacation.
– When possible, unplug electrical devices and appliances.
– Inspect your washing machine and dishwasher and turn of their water valves.
– Make sure your AC is set between 21-23 degrees. Do not turn off the AC especially in the summer months, as you will face a mold issue.
– Discard/make use of food that can go bad while you’re away.
– Remove the trash in each room on the house.
– Inspect and confirm that your fire alarm is working properly
– Inspect every window and door in the house and ensure that they are closed properly.
– Clean the house thoroughly – you do not want to come back to a house full of bugs and insects.
– If you’re traveling for a long period of time, it might be worth disconnecting your internet subscription.
– Leave your phone number abroad with a neighbor – they can also water those plants for you.
– Disconnect your car battery after parking it safely in the garage.