This article was published on April 8th, 2020
There are more than 100 million people in the world who are affected by the outbreak of COVID-19, including in Bahrain, who are either in self isolation, or quarantine. Here are some tips from the World Health Organization that can keep you healthy and safe in this time:
– Stick to a healthy diet, one which can boost your immunity.
– Limit the intake of sugar drinks and alcohol.
– Stay away from smoking – it increases your risk of getting seriously ill.
– Try and exercise for at least 30 minutes a day. For children, it should be about an hour a day.
– If you can still go outside, go for a run or a walk, but remember to stay safe and keep your distance from others.
– If you can’t leave the house, have fun dancing, or jumping rope, or try a yoga session.
– Those working from home should not sit in the same position for long periods of time.
– If you can, every 30 minutes, take a 3 minute break
– Stay positive and make the best out of the situation! Read a book, listen to music, mediate, and keep an optimistic attitude!
Stay home, and stay safe.