In such an active renters market like Bahrain, you will be able to find a number of properties for rent that are either furnished or unfurnished. Once upon a time, there was a shortage of unfurnished apartments in the country, but as more and more people are settling down here for the long run, unfurnished houses are now very common.
Here are the pros and cons of renting a furnished vs an unfurnished house:
Pros of Renting a Furnished House:
1. Moving in and out will be a breeze.
2. You’ll save money on movers and/or furniture
3. Furnished apartment usually have shorter lease periods, which many find very convenient.
Cons of Renting a Furnished House:
1. You will not have much control over the décor of the apartment. However, you can still add your own touch to a furnished house; click here to find out how.
2. If you already own furniture, you will have to either sell it or place it in storage.
3. Rent is usually higher.
Pros of Renting an unfurnished House:
1. You have full control of the style and décor of the house.
2. Contract periods are usually longer, which is convenient if you’re planning to settle down in the house.
3. You don’t have to worry about any damage made to the furniture or items of the house (unlike in a furnished yet)
Cons of Renting an unfurnished House:
1. You’ll spend some money on furniture and other home necessities.
2. Moving homes will be more tedious as you will have to lug your furniture with you
3. Settling down in your new home may take longer, as it will take more time and effort to organize everything in the unit.